11.21.2008

Where in the world......

.....have i been? So much to re-cap...
Shaun and I have both had mid-life crisis and plastic surgery.
Zach and Parker joined the armed forces, and
Layni has just turned 12. :)
Well, I have to start somewhere. I might as well make it sound exciting - right. :)
Ok so thankfully life has not been that eventful and it really hasn't been that long since my last blog, but life is busy for sure. I remember sitting in RS in my newly married days and hearing the "old ladies" talk about guilt, pressure and the difficulties of letting go of the idea of being perfect...."bla-bla-bla". That's exactly what I thought when they would make their comments. While I knew they were heartfelt, I remember thinking.... "They need to give themselves a break. Just drop all of the guilt crap and enjoy." Oh so easy for a girl who went home to doing laundry for 2, cooking on occasion, eating out for lunch and opting to stay-in for date night or take a long nap on a Sunday after church. :) Life sure changes and you soon understand the"guilt crap" and struggle to enjoy beyond what seems to need all your immediate attention. I have to remind myself to enjoy more and lighten up. Life really is great! Now, with that pep talk, I'll post a few pics. and see if I can't make my way out of this 2ft. stack of laundry. :)




6 comments:

Jenny D. said...

Love those kids!

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

All I have to say is that I remember those same "roll my eyes" moments when I was first married too!! Oh the joys of a Sunday afternoon nap. :0) Those were the days!!!
I cannot believe how fast your kids are growing up. Especially your beautiful little princess. I miss seeing you are card club!!

Tami said...

I love your writing style Laurie...well, actually just the Laurie style period. Yes, the days of listening to the "older" sistas and now we are beginning to understand. Guess what...you do know how to relax...huh you are the one that every time I run into you, I think...I need to just lighten up like Laurie!

Tammy said...

Glad to see you back on...love the start of your post. You crack me up...I love the pictures. I can't believe how big they all are!

tara said...

hmmm. think i might have seen those costumes somewhere before;)

ps i need your email address. i have an update for you.

Kasey said...

I remember asking my older sister when she had just quit her 'full time job' to stay home and raise her first child, "So, what do you DO all day?" Her eyes bugged out of her head and she looked at me like I was crazy! LOL