
If you happen to read NieNie, (and I know you do--or if you don't...you should and will love her!) Anyhow - she posted a few weeks ago about her family tradition of a back to school feast. I thought it was such a cute idea!
And from there......our first annual "Back to School Feast" was made. It was really fun!
The Theme: Do your best! With King/Queen Crowns and all, and a new pair of school shoes to boot.
(btw - the pair that read "To: Parker" have since been lost. I knew I should have hooked a "clapper" to those things! Maybe we'll install a locater chip in his left wrist and one in the shoes. Am I going a little overboard? 'Fraid not -this is only the 4th pair of shoes to dissappear into thin air this summer.........But then again a King will do, what a King will do! Wish he'd find the shoes:)
OK - Back to the Feast. Layni was less than enthusiastic about the crown, so for a quick photo we set it on top of her head like a 95 year old grandpa and his crisp truckers hat. :) The boys thought it was so fun. We escorted them to their places at the table and even served chocolate milk from a fancy pitcher. That night we talked about always doing their best - no matter what and had a little FHE lesson to go with it. And with that, the royalty were all prayed, kissed and hugged into bed for sweet dreams of a new and exciting year ahead! Their little crowns hang on their bed posts to remind them.....maybe of mashed potatoes and chocolate milk.....but hopefully of how much we love them!
5 comments:
So cute, I've seen a few bloggers who have used this idea and now I'm wondering why I didn't! Maybe it's not too late, kind of funny that Parker has lost four pairs of shoes, maybe they are all buried in the backyard or something, or maybe he secretly is sharing them with shoeless friends, hopefully they turn up! We need to have you guys over for dinner now that Summer's craziness has come to a stop!
great idea that sounds like a lot of fun.
CUTE idea. You are such a fun mom! Your kids are going to have some really awesome memories. =)
We go through plenty of shoes around here too! The other day we searched the house and could only find one of each of Dorin's shoes! It was funny {and aggravating} we finally left the house with him wearing his Spiderman slippers! haha Gotta love boys! =)
How great. We miss you guys.
Cute Idea. TK would think it was over the top for us. I am trying to squeeze in some fun stuff here and there though. Love seeing what others do!
Post a Comment