9.03.2008

Providence Hall


Well, this has been part of the reason for my blogging hiatus. Here is a pic. of the charter school in all it's glory. :-) The building is beautiful, and it has been an amazing experience to have been working (volunteering) on the board for close to a year now. I have met some great people and have learned to juggle kids and volunteering. (which did not come easily to me at first) I am so excited for the school year, and am also truly grateful to all those who have given so much to make the school a reality, most of which have been volunteer hours. This all began about three years ago. It is hard for me to imagine the drive and passion that ignited the amazing women who started it all. I'm so glad that they had the passion and desire to stick with it. It is just amazing! The ribbon cutting ceremony was held last Thursday, and school began on Sept. 2nd. The best part of all of it.......getting to send Zach to such a great school. OK - let me re-phrase that......since I have no choice but to send Zach off in to the big-wide world, and can't believe my little guy is growing up so fast, and since an education is required....:-) I'm glad I get to send him here. It must be providence.

2 comments:

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Back in the Silver Shadow days... did you ever imagine your life would be so perfect? Gorgeous, hard working husband and three perfect children made with love... You're very blessed.

I can't believe Zach is getting so old either :)

Love ya Laur

Em said...

i believe you forgot to mention one amazing woman and that would be you!!! you have worked just as hard as anyone and the board would have truely be lost without you on it.